We specialize in deck designs, working with our customers to add comfort, style and value to their homes and businesses. Let University of Kentucky Masters of Architecture graduate Eric Huelsman help design your deck or outdoor living space. Please call us at (502) 895-5974 so we can get a better idea of your project and develop a quote for you.
+Click the images below to enlarge
- All wood exterior grade pressure treated pine.
- Will not rot and is insect resistant.
- Built on beams (similar to the way bridges are built) for stronger structure/no bounce.
- For decks over 16 feet wide, we use divider board running in opposite direction in middle of deck to avoid staggering deck boards/add more finished look.
- Can easily hold 6000 lb. hot tub.
- Blocking used in substructure with spans over 8 feet long. Adds strength and stability.
- Rust free screws and nails used throughout.
- Option of screws or nails to secure deck boards.
- Proper spacing of deck boards for better drainage.
- Over sized spindles (cut at shop).
- Handrail posts "blocked" into deck substructure for maximum strength.
- Deck design/size based on length of lumber (ex. 8', 10', 12', 16') for "green" construction (less waste).
- Use "picture frame" design to cover ends of deck boards which adds a more finished look
Deck Photo Gallery